The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) is at the
heart of plans to
mark the Centenary of the First World War. From large scale
events at our cemeteries and memorials worldwide, through to
and e-mail campaigns, presenting a range of exciting
opportunities for you to contribute to the work of this remarkable
The role involves working on a wide range of projects -
so you must be a good team worker, flexible and adaptable to
ever changing priorities.
Excellent written skills with strong spelling and grammar are
essential, as are
attention to detail and accuracy, all forming a part of your good
and interpersonal skills. You'll certainly be busy as we seek to
raise the CWGC
profile both in the UK and overseas. This is an
opportunity to join us at a time when the Web site team are
playing a key role
in the organisation.
The role will involve:
- Creating and editing good website content which
meets SEO and accessibility criteria.
- Liaising with colleagues throughout the
organisation to ensure that content is revised and updated as part
of a rolling
- Creating and implementing content plans which
include focussing on specific subject matter.
- Increasing traffic to the website by creating
engaging content, whilst hitting key messages.
- Monitoring website performance and providing
statistics on usage to actively improve user experience
- Ensuring that the e-commerce offering is kept up
- Assisting with E-mail campaigns and other
website specific campaigns where appropriate
- Ensuring that web based information is archived
for future needs and reference
- Experience of Umbraco(CMS) is essential
- SEO experience is also essential
- PPC, affiliate and Google Adwords experience is desirable
- Knowledge of HTML and other Content Management
- Experience of editing photos and videos for the
- Experience in the writing, design and production
of publicity material
- Full driving licence required
Starting salary of £24,240 with generous annual leave and an
excellent pension scheme.
For a full job description click here
and for a fact sheet about the role click here.
If you think you have what it takes to fill this important role
please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to inspire
us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 20th
July and will involve a practical test.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 15th July.