Skip to content

Cemetery Details

ST. QUENTIN NORTHERN COMMUNAL CEMETERY

Print page
ST. QUENTIN NORTHERN COMMUNAL CEMETERY Print this image


Country:
France
Locality:
Aisne
Identified Casualties:
7
GPS
CO-Ordinates:
Longitude:
3.28975
Latitude:
49.85795

Location Information

St. Quentin is a large town and an ancient cathedral city in the Department of the Aisne. The Cemetery is located in the St. Jean district of the town, along the Lesdins/Bohains road (Rue Georges Pompidou). The main entrance to the Cemetery is in the Rue Gaston Bonnier.

Historical Information

St. Quentin became the Headquarters of the Royal Flying Corps, on the 25th August, 1914, but in a few days it passed into German hands; it was re-entered by French troops on the 1st October, 1918.

There are now a small number of both 1914-18 and 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site.