- Identified Casualties:
The Zeebrugge Memorial is a small stone panel set in the wall of the churchyard, and commemorates three officers and one mechanic of the Royal Navy who fell on the Mole at Zeebrugge on St George's Day 1918.
The port of Zeebrugge was used by the British Expeditionary Force in October 1914, and bombed by Commonwealth and French aeroplanes thereafter. On 23 April 1918, British sailors and marines, in a collection of monitors, destroyers, motorboats, launches, old cruisers, old submarines and Mersey ferry-boats attacked the mole at Zeebrugge and attempted to block the canal leading to Bruges and to the German submarine headquarters.
The ZEEBRUGGE MEMORIAL commemorates three officers and one mechanic of the Royal Navy who died on the mole at Zeebrugge and have no known grave.
The memorial stands in ZEEBRUGGE CHURCHYARD where 30 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War are buried or commemorated. 17 of the burials are unidentified but a special memorial commemorated an officer of the Royal Naval Air Service officer known to be buried among them.