Cemetery details

CODFORD ST. MARY (ST. MARY) NEW CHURCHYARD

CODFORD ST. MARY (ST. MARY) NEW CHURCHYARD Print this image
Print page

Country:
United Kingdom
Locality:
Wiltshire
Identified Casualties:
99

Historical Information

The New Zealand Command Depot was established at Codford in June 1916 and the No 3 New Zealand General Hospital followed in July. The New Churchyard was established by deed of gift as the "Military Burial Ground," with a small part reserved for future burials from the parish.

The war graves plot contains 98 burials, mostly of New Zealand and Australian forces.

There is only one burial of the Second World War in the New Churchyard.