Skip to content

Cemetery Details

BLAUWEPOORT FARM CEMETERY

Print page
Casualty Record Detail
Casualty Record Detail
Casualty Record Detail
123
BLAUWEPOORT FARM CEMETERY Print this image


Country:
Belgium
Locality:
Ieper, West-Vlaanderen
Identified Casualties:
82

Location Information

Blauwepoort Farm Cemetery is located 3 kilometres south east of Ieper town centre, on a single track road leading from the Komenseweg, connecting Ieper to Komen (N336).

From Ieper town centre the Komenseweg is located via the Rijselstraat, through the Rijselpoort (Lille Gate) and crossing the Ieper ring road, towards Armentieres and Lille.

The road name then changes to Rijselseweg. 1 kilometre along the Rijselseweg lies the left hand turning onto Komenseweg. 2 kilometres along the Komenseweg lies the right hand turning to the cemetery (towards house number 34 Komenseweg). The cemetery lies 500 metres at the end of this track.

Visiting Information

Wheelchair access to this cemetery is possible via the main entrance.

Historical Information

The cemetery was begun by a French battalion of Chasseurs Alpins in November 1914 and used by Commonwealth troops from February 1915 to February 1916. The French graves were removed after the Armistice.

The cemetery contains 80 First World War burials.

The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.

3