Open Day at St. Symphorien Military Cemetery
12 June 2014
Join us for our open day at St Symphorien Military Cemetery,
Belgium on Saturday 23 August 2014 and take part in a range of free
- Take a guided tour of the cemetery (ticket required - available
from the Information Tent in the cemetery)
- Learn about the Battle of Mons (ticket required -
available from the Information Tent)
- See our stonemasons at work and have a go at letter
- Meet some of our craftsmen and see examples of their work
- Meet our team and learn about the importance of trees in CWGC
- There are also activities for children - headstone rubbing,
iSpy and trace a casualty
The open day will be followed by the annual commemoration
service for the Battle of Mons, organised by the Ville de Mons.
for a detailed programme of the open day.
On Monday 4 August 2014, St. Symphorien MNilitary Cemetery will
be at the centre of events that mark the outbreak of the First
World War. As part of the commemorations, a key event will be held
at the cemetery in Mons, Belgium.
Click here for more
information about the key events on 4 August 2014.