BOIS-GUILLAUME COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION
|Total identified casualties||363 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
Bois-Guillaume is a north-eastern suburb of Rouen, on the main road to Neufchatel. A CWGC signpost is on the road (D928) to Neufchatel at the street corner near the Mairie (Town Hall). Turn left here, and then take the second left into the Rue de la Mare des Champs. The Communal Cemetery is on the right hand side of the road, and the Communal Cemetery Extension is on the left hand side of this road. Locally, the Communal Cemetery is known as the Cimitere de la Mare des Champs.
Wheelchair access with some difficulty For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Dept. on 01628 634221.
The extension adjoins Bois-Guillaume Communal Cemetery. It was begun in March 1917 and most of the burials came from No.8 General Hospital, which was quartered at Bois-Guillaume in a large country house and grounds. There are now 360 First World War burials in the extension and one from the Second World War. The communal cemetery contains a further 320 First World War graves. Please note, a number of the graves in Rows A to G are doubles. The cemetery extension was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.