GLAGEON COMMUNAL CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||169 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
The village of Glageon is about 3 kilometres west of Trelon, 11 kilometres south-east of Avesnes and 56 kilometres east of Cambrai. The Communal Cemetery and Extension lie west of the village.
The village of Glageon was in German occupation during practically the whole of the War. The Communal Cemetery was used for the burial of German soldiers and Allied prisoners from September, 1914, to August, 1918; the Extension was then begun, and was used until the following October. The German, American and Italian and a number of French graves have now been removed from both burial grounds; but the British and Russian graves remain. There are now nearly 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. All died in June, July and August, 1918.