ST. STEVENS-WOLUWE COMMUNAL CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||3 Find these records|
|Casualties from||Second World War|
The district of St. Stevens-Woluwe is located south-west of Zaventem on the N2 which runs from Brussel to Leuven. In St. Stevens-Woluwe, turn off the N2 and turn into Sint Stefaansstraat. At the crossroads turn left into Ter Wilgen. The cemetery is along this road on the left. The graves are located behind the memorial in the plot of honour.
The British Expeditionary Force was involved in the later stages of the defence of Belgium following the German invasion in May 1940, and suffered many casualties in covering the withdrawal to Dunkirk. Commonwealth forces did not return until September 1944, but in the intervening years, many airmen were shot down or crashed in raids on strategic objectives in Belgium, or while returning from missions over Germany. St. Stevens-Woluwe Communal Cemetery contains four Commonwealth burials of the Second World War, one of which is unidentified.