BECOURT MILITARY CEMETERY, BECORDEL-BECOURT
|Total identified casualties||705 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Becourt is 2 kilometres on the east side of Albert. The Military Cemetery is on the south side of the road from Becourt to Albert.
Wheelchair access to the cemetery is possible, but may be by alternative entrance. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on 01628 507200.
The Military Cemetery was begun in August, 1915, by the 51st (Highland) Division, and carried on by the 18th and other Divisions in the line until the Battles of the Somme, 1916. It continued in use, chiefly by Field Ambulances, until April, 1917; and Plot II was made by the 18th Division at the end of August, 1918. There are now 713 casualties of the 1914-1918 war commemorated in this site. Of these, 8 are unidentified and a special memorial is erected to a soldier from the United Kingdom buried among them. Three German graves have been removed. The cemetery covers an area of 4,327 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.