LIVERPOOL (YEW TREE) ROMAN CATHOLIC CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||103 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
In December 1914, Liverpool became one of the 21 Auxiliary Patrol Bases and in February 1915, the base of the 10th Cruiser Squadron. During the Second World War, Liverpool was headquarters of Western Approaches Command and a manning depot for officers and men of the Merchant Navy who agreed to serve with the Royal Navy for the duration of the war. Liverpool (Yew Tree) Cemetery contains 37 First World War graves, 13 of them marked by two small Screen Wall memorials. There are also 65 burials of the Second World War scattered throughout the cemetery.