SALFORD (WEASTE) CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||373 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
This cemetery, opened in 1857, lies near the Eccles road, and belongs to Salford Corporation. It covers just over 16 hectares and contains war graves of both World Wars. There are 274 burials of the 1914-1918 War, mostly scattered, but there are two small war plots; one is in the Church of England section and the other in the Roman Catholic section. There is a commemorative Screen Wall in each bearing the names of those buried there and there is also a Special Memorial naming 7 casualties whose graves lay unmarked in other parts in the cemetery. The 1939-1945 War burials total 99, these graves, too, are in many different parts of the cemetery.