NEUVILLY COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION
|Total identified casualties||96 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
Neuvilly is a small village 6 kilometres north-north-west of Le Cateau on the road (D955) to Valenciennes. The Communal Cemetery and extension are on the north side of the village outskirts and on the north side of the main road (D955).
Wheelchair access to the cemetery is possible via the main entrance. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on 01628 507200.
Neuvilly was captured by the 17th Division temporarily on 10 October 1918, and taken finally on 17 October. Burials in two of the three cemeteries made after the fighting were later removed to other burial grounds; buried in the third, the extension to the communal cemetery, are casualties from the period 10 October to 2 November 1918, most of them belonging to the 17th Division, and many to the 12th Manchesters. NEUVILLY COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION contains 101 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 6 of them unidentified. There are also two burials of the Second World War (including one unidentified Royal Air Force Pilot). The extension was designed by W H Cowlishaw. The adjoining COMMUNAL CEMETERY contains one First World War burial.