NO MAN'S COT CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||77 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
The cemetery is located to the North-East of the town of Ieper. From the station turn left and drive along M.Fochlaan to the roundabout, turn right and go to the next roundabout. Here turn left into M.Haiglaan and drive to the traffic lights. Here turn right onto the dual carriageway direction Poelkapelle/A19. Carry on for about 1km over the river and you will see a sign for New Irish Farm Cemetery. Turn left here into Briekestraat, past New Irish Farm Cemetery to the crossroads. Straight over into Moortelweg, follow to the 2nd crossroads and turn left. The cemetery is approx 400 metres along on the left hand side.
Wheelchair access possible via main entrance. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on telephone number: 01628 507200.
For most of the First World War, the east side of the village of Boesinghe (now Boezinge) directly faced the German front line. No Man's Cot Cemetery was named from a building on the south side of Admiral's Road, a little more than half way from Boesinghe to Wielje. It was used from the end of July 1917 to March 1918. No Man's Cot Cemetery contains 79 First World War burials. More than half of the graves are of officers and men of the 51st (Highland) Division. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.