COLNE VALLEY CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||43 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Boezinge is located north of the town of Ieper on the N369 road direction Diksmuide. The Cemetery is located in Kleinepoezelstraat East of the village. From the N369 turn right into Brugstraat, over the bridge and bear right into Langemarkseweg. Carry onto the crossroads and turn right into Kleinepoezelstraat. Carry straight on and the cemetery is on the right hand side 500 metres along this road.
Wheelchair access is possible via the main entrance. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Department on telephone number: 01628 634221
For most of the First World War, the east side of the village of Boesinghe (now Boezinge) directly faced the German front line. Colne Valley, Skipton Road and Huddersfield Road were names given to trenches by the 49th Division. Colne Valley Cemetery, a little south of Caesar's Nose, was begun by Territorial battalions of the West Riding Regiment of that division in July and August 1915. It remained in use until February 1916. The cemetery contains 47 First World War burials. 30 of the graves are of officers and men of the West Riding Regiment. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.