CANADA CEMETERY, TILLOY-LEZ-CAMBRAI
|Total identified casualties||249 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
Tilloy-lez-Cambrai is a village on the north-western outskirts of the town of Cambrai and a little east of the road to Douai. Follow the N30 (Cambrai Ring Road) from Cambrai to its junction with the Tilloy-lez-Cambrai road, the D49, just after the junction of the N30 and the N43 (Douai road). Follow the D49 for approximately 2.2 kilometres, crossing the bridge over the motorway, to a side road on the west-south-west (left) side. The Cemetery lies 200 metres away at the end of the side road.
Wheelchair access with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
The village of Tilloy was captured by the Canadian Corps at the beginning of October 1918 in the face of strong opposition, and the cemetery was made by their burial officer on 13 October. Canada Cemetery contains 265 First World war burials, 25 of them unidentified. Most of the burials are Canadian. Also buried in the cemetery are eight airmen of the Second World War. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.