DRAGOON CAMP CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||56 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Boezinge is located north of the town of Ieper on the N369 road, direction Diksmuide. The Cemetery is located in Kleinepoezelstraat east of the village. From the N369 turn right into Brugstraat, over the bridge and bear right into Langemarkseweg. Follow this road to the first crossroads and turn right into Kleine Poezelstraat. The cemetery is located on the left hand side of the road approximately 200 metres past the crossroads.
Please note that this cemetery is accessed via very long unmade paths and these will prove problematic for wheelchair users at certain times of year. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Department on telephone number: 01628 634221
Dragoon Camp was a little south of the Boesinghe (now Boezinge)-Pilckem road, approached by a track leading from a point near Dragoon House, past the Villa Gretchen. The site was taken by the 38th (Welsh) Division on 31 July 1917 and the cemetery, called at first the Villa Gretchen Cemetery, was begun by the 13th Royal Welch Fusiliers on 9 August. It continued in use until October 1917. Dragoon Camp Cemetery contains 66 First World War burials, ten of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by A J S Hutton.