Lieutenant Colonel SYDNEY ISAAC WIGGINTON
Sherwood Foresters (Notts and Derby Regiment)
Died 07 September 1945
Age 31 years old
Spec. Mem. 15
- Secondary Unit, Regiment attd. Force 136 Special Operations Executive
- Country of Service United Kingdom
- Awards Officer of the Order of the British Empire, Twice Mentioned in Despatches
- Additional Info Son of Arthur and Alice Wigginton; husband of Eunice Olive Wigginton, of Nottingham.
- Personal Inscription YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HONOUR AND REMEMBER YOU FOR EVER
- N.B. Please note that this casualty is also commemorated on the Singapore Memorial. However, recent research discovered that they were buried within the monastery grounds at Mewaing village, but as these graves cannot be maintained, the commission has now commemorated them by special memorial plaques in this cemetery.
Use our postcode search tool to discover more about the war dead from your local area and build a link to your local history.Use our postcode search