Here is what you need to know:
- This incredible 125km virtual route will take you on an interactive journey along the Western Front
- You can complete this challenge from anywhere in the world
- You will have between the 13th September 2021 and 13 October 2021 to complete the challenge
- It’s a great way to get out and get active. You can cover the distance in any way you like: walking, running, cycling, swimming lengths or even riding a horse
- You can follow your progress online via your own virtual map
- The virtual route will run from Thiepval Memorial in France, following the battlefields and CWGC cemeteries and memorials on the Western Front and will finish at the iconic Menin Gate, Ieper.
Why not challenge yourself to raise £100, or as much as you can. Your support will help the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation support key projects like our Eyes On, Hands On volunteer programme which has already helped us inspect over 50,000 scattered war graves in the UK. Or a project like our interactive digital exhibition at Runnymede, which explores the story of remarkable spy Princess Noor Inayat Khan.
Projects such as these enable the next generation to engage with stories of sacrifice that must never be forgotten.
And if that didn’t sound amazing enough… when you complete the challenge you will receive a very special ‘Walking our War Graves: The Western Front’ medal to be reminded of your wonderful achievement.
Lace up your trainers, get moving and join us for a virtual challenge like no other – all whilst supporting the CWGF and helping us to engage, inspire and educate people with the stories of sacrifice that must never be forgotten.Register here
Event Terms and Conditions
Walking our War Graves: The Western Front
By entering the Virtual Event you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
- You are entering a Virtual Event organised by Commonwealth War Graves Foundation (“CWGF” or “us” “we” “our”) but administered by a third-party platform Online Giving Limited (Enthuse) (“Enthuse”) https://enthuse.com/
- If you are registering on behalf of another person, you confirm you have their consent and they also have read and understood these terms and conditions.
- The Virtual Event is a sponsored walking, jogging, swimming or cycling event where entrants take part “virtually” in their own time, at locations of their choice (subject to government guidelines in relation to Covid 19 and other applicable laws). The Virtual Event lets you plot your distance against the route between the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing, France and Tyne Cot War Cemetery, Belgium which is approximately 125km. You may complete this distance any time between 13 September and 13 October.
- CWGF is not responsible for the third-party entry page or any errors in communications on such pages.
- You will pay a non-refundable registration fee of £25.00 and no refunds will be provided.
- You are entering this Virtual Event at your own CWGF will not be liable for any injury or illness, damage or loss suffered of any nature arising out of your participation in the Virtual Event and you should arrange your own insurance, if you deem this necessary.
- All worldwide residents are eligible to enter and you must be over 18 years old. Young people under 18 years old may take part in the Virtual Event providing they are registered by their parent or guardian. Entrants may only register online via https://cwgf.enthuse.com/cf/walking-our-war-graves-the-western-front
- The entry fee is £25.00 per person. Of this, Enthuse will deduct an administration fee. CWGF will receive the remaining balance.
- You agree that if you withdraw for any reason during the Virtual Event, any monies raised will be non-refundable and will be treated as a donation to CWGF.
- You will use only lawful means to fundraise for CWGF and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm CWGF’s reputation.
- You may not use our logo without permission.
- You will tell your friends, family and other contacts who may support you that you are raising money “in aid of” CWGF.
- You will not incur nor are authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf of CWGF.
- You will obtain approval from CWGF before approaching press or celebrities to support of the Virtual Event.
- As a thank you for taking part CWGF will, upon your successful completion of the Virtual Event (this means that each person individually registered successfully complete 125km and records these through Enthuse’s platform) will receive a medal which will be sent no more than 30 days following.
- You may purchase at an additional cost a T-shirt which will include branding linked to the Virtual Event.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time and a notice will be posted on cwgc.org
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.