St. Charles De Percy War Cemetery
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 705 Find these casualties
- Region Calvados
- Casualties from Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 48.92763, Longitude: -0.80225
The access through the main chapel has been closed for safety reasons. Indeed the structure is weakened leading to a risk of falling rocks.
Access must be from the right side of the cemetery.
The main chapel will be repaired before the end of March 2022.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
St. Charles de Percy is a village 44 kilometres south-west of Caen. Take the N175 south-westwards from Villers Bocage; after 5 kilometres take the left fork, the D577, towards Vire. After 15 kilometres, go through the little hamlet of La Ferroniere; turn left onto the D56 and right again after a few hundred metres. The War Cemetery will then be found on the left hand side.
The Allied offensive in north-western Europe began with the Normandy landings of 6 June 1944. St Charles de Percy War Cemetery is the southernmost of the Normandy cemeteries. The majority of those buried here died in late July and early August 1944 in the major thrust made from Caumont l'Evente towards Vire, to drive a wedge between the German 7th Army and Panzer Group West. The cemetery contains 809 Second World War burials.