IBADAN MILITARY CEMETERY
- Country Nigeria
- Total identified casualties 139 Find these casualties
- Casualties from Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 7.39719, Longitude: 3.86458
Before planning a visit to this cemetery, please be aware of the following:
- It is important to check the weather forecast, as the grass and dirt surfaces can become very slippery when wet.
- There are numerous tree roots that could prove a trip hazard.
- Care should be taken not to stand beneath trees when they are about to fruit.
The cemetery is situated in the Jericho district of Ibadan near the Forestry Department Research Centre, 3 kilometres from the railway station. The gateway constructed at the entrance to the cemetery is approached by a drive off the main road leading to the Government Rest House. In the centre of the cemetery stands the Cross of Sacrifice and there are eight denominational plots where the graves are distributed.
Wheelchair access possible via main entrance. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
This cemetery contains the graves of 137 Commonwealth casualties of the Second World War, 6 of which are unidentified. There are 8 Foreign National burials and 17 non world war burials.