LAFENWA MILITARY CEMETERY
- Country Nigeria
- Total identified casualties 167 Find these casualties
- Casualties from Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 7.15477, Longitude: 3.32308
Before planning a visit to this cemetery, please be aware of the following:
- It is important to check the weather forecast before visiting, as the grass and dirt surfaces can become slippery when wet.
- There are numerous tree roots that could prove a trip hazard.
- Care should be taken not to stand beneath the trees when they are about to fruit.
There may be reptiles present.
The cemetery is located on the outskirts of the town of Abeokuta which lies just under 100 kilometres north of Lagos. The cemetery is on the Lafenwa road, about 1 kilometre west of Lafenwa railway station, near the military barracks.
Wheelchair access possible via main entrance.
For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
This cemetery contains 151 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War, 4 of which are unidentified. There are also 20 Belgian burials.