CATTERICK GARRISON CEMETERY
- Country United Kingdom
- Total identified casualties 53 Find these casualties
- Region Yorkshire
- Casualties from Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 54.38031, Longitude: -1.7139
The cemetery is in Hipswell Road and adjoins the northern boundary of St. John's Churchyard in the parish of Hipswell.
Catterick Garrison Cemetery, which was opened in 1930, is the property of the War Office, who used it for the burial of soldiers from Catterick Military Camp during the Second World War. The cemetery is in Hipswell Road and adjoins the northern boundary of St. John's Churchyard in the parish of Hipswell, which is adjacent to the camp and was used for military burials from there during the 1914-1918 War.
The 1939-1945 War graves are scattered in different parts of the cemetery, which is enclosed by a stone wall. The Cross of Sacrifice, erected after the First World War, is in the 1914-1918 War Graves Plot in the adjoining churchyard situated between the Garrison Cemetery and the Church of St. John.