- Country United Kingdom
- Total identified casualties 49 Find these casualties
- Region Cheshire
- Identified casualties from Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 53.39838, Longitude: -2.14753
The Crematorium was opened in 1934 by the Stockport Borough Cemetery Co. Ltd., and is located in Stockport Borough Cemetery, on the eastern side of Buxton Road. All those cremated are commemorated by name on a screen wall standing near the main entrance to the cemetery. This is beyond and to the left of the Cross of Sacrifice, where formerly a small 1914-1918 memorial stood, commemorating men buried in the cemetery in graves which could not be marked by headstones. The names are carved on panels of Stancliffe stone, on each side of a central panel of the same stone which bears an inscription. On the same memorial are commemorated the sailors, soldiers and airmen whose names were honoured on the earlier memorial.