Sains-Les-Marquion British Cemetery
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 228 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Identified casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.19136, Longitude: 3.07774
Sains-les-Marquion is a village about 12 kilometres north-west of Cambrai and 2 kilometres south of the D939, Arras to Cambrai road. Sains-les-Marquion British Cemetery lies at the junction of the D15 and D16 roads, about 1.5 kilometres from the centre of the village.
Wheelchair access is possible with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
The village of Sains-les-Marquion was captured by the 1st Canadian Division on 27 September 1918, and the cemetery was begun on the following day by the 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade. It was used until the middle of October and was enlarged after the Armistice when graves were brought in from the surrounding battlefields and from Marquion Churchyard. Sains-les-Marquion British Cemetery now contains 255 burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.