SAUCHY-CAUCHY COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 51 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.23327, Longitude: 3.09166
Sauchy-Cauchy is a village in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais, 3 kilometres north of the main Arras to Cambrai road (D939) and about 4 kilometres from Marquion. Sauchy-Cachy Communal Cemetery Extension is on the north side of the Communal Cemetery, which is located in the Rue de l'Egalite alongside the Canal du Nord.
Wheelchair access with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
The village of Sauchy-Cauchy was captured by the 56th (London) Division on the 27th September, 1918. The Communal Cemetery Extension was made by the 56th Division in September and October, 1918; and after the Armistice 14 graves of March and April, 1918, were brought in from the German Extension, and nine of April, 1917-September, 1918, from the battlefields to the North and South of Sauchy-Cauchy. This cemetery contains the graves of 54 casualties of the First World War, three of which are unidentified. The Extension was designed by G H Goldsmith.