MINDEL TRENCH BRITISH CEMETERY, ST. LAURENT-BLANGY
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 182 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.30594, Longitude: 2.81751
St.Laurent-Blangy adjoins the north-east side of the city of Arras. Mindel Trench British Cemetery is about 105 metres north of the road from St. Laurent-Blangy to Gavrelle.
The location or design of this site makes wheelchair access impossible. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on 01628 634221.
Until 9 April 1917, the Allied front line ran practically through the village of St. Laurent-Blangy. The trench (known to the Germans as Mindel Trench and called in 1918 McLaren Trench) was taken by the 9th (Scottish) Division on 9 April 1917, and the cemetery was made by the side of the trench after the battle. It was used by fighting units and field ambulances until September 1918, and was at times called Stirling Camp and St. Laurent-Blangy Forward Cemetery. Mindel Trench British Cemetery contains 191 burials of the First World War, nine of which are unidentified. The cemetery was designed by N A Rew.