TREFCON BRITISH CEMETERY, CAULAINCOURT
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 277 Find these casualties
- Region Aisne
- Casualties from First & Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 49.85975, Longitude: 3.1081
Trefcon and Caulaincourt are two villages about 14 kilometres west of St Quentin on the south side of the main N29 Amiens-St Quentin road. The Cemetery is situated between the two villages on the D34 road.
The location or design of this site makes wheelchair access impossible.
For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on 01628 634221.
On the 22nd March 1918 Caulaincourt and Trefcon was captured by the Germans, in spite of a stout defence by the 50th (Northumbrian) Division. The villages were regained by British troops in September 1918.
The cemetery was made by the IX Corps (6th and 32nd Divisions) in September 1918, and was called at that time Caulaincourt Military Cemetery.
There are now nearly 300, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 10 from the 1914-18 War are unidentified.
The Cemetery covers an area of 977 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.