TIGRIS LANE CEMETERY, WANCOURT
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 110 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.25584, Longitude: 2.84516
Wancourt is a village 1.5 kilometres south of the straight main road from Arras to Cambrai. Tigris Lane Cemetery is on the north-east side of the road from Wancourt to Tilloy, the D37E, and next to the TGV railway line.
Wheelchair access to this cemetery is possible with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on telephone number 01628 507200.
Wancourt was captured on 12 April 1917, after very heavy fighting. The village was lost in March 1918 and re-taken by the Canadian Corps on 26 August 1918. The cemetery (named from a trench) was made by the burial officer of the 14th (Light) Division in May 1917, and was used again in August-September 1918. The cemetery contains 119 First World War burials, nine of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.