Brighton (The Downs) Cemetery
- Country United Kingdom
- Total identified casualties 193 Find these casualties
- Region Sussex
- Identified casualties from First & Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.8342, Longitude: -0.12018
The cemetery, in Hartington Road, was opened in 1886 and was run by the Brighton and Preston Cemetery Company Ltd. It covers 30 acres and contains 118 scattered War Graves; and a War Cross is erected on the main drive, at the top end of the Cemetery. The medical units stationed at Brighton included the 2nd Eastern General Hospital, the Kitchener Military Hospital (which became the 10th Canadian General), an Indian Hospital and New Zealand Convalescent Homes.