LE VERTANNOY BRITISH CEMETERY, HINGES
|Region||Pas de Calais|
|Total identified casualties||139 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Le Vertannoy is a hamlet nearly 1 kilometre west of the village of Hinges, which is a small village 2 kilometres north west of the town of Bethune in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais. From the church in Hinges head north-west towards Gonnehem and after 500 metres turn left. The cemetery is approximately 200 metres on the left.
Wheelchair access is possible with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
The cemetery was begun in April 1918, during the Battles of the Lys, and was used by field ambulances, burial officers and fighting units until the following September. Le Vertannoy British Cemetery contains 141 First World War burials, two of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.