BUNYANS CEMETERY, TILLOY-LES-MOFFLAINES
|Region||Pas de Calais|
|Total identified casualties||54 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Tilloy-les-Mofflaines is a village and commune in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais, 4 kilometres south-east of Arras on the main road to Cambrai. The Cemetery is 1 kilometre north-east of the village and is signposted from the main road.
The village of Tilloy-les-Mofflaines was captured on 9 April 1917 by the 3rd Division, which was followed up by the 37th. Bunyans Cemetery (the origin of the name is not known) was begun by infantry units (Row A) after the advance in April 1917 and Rows B to E were made between April and 4 July 1917 by the 62nd and 63rd Brigades, Royal Field Artillery. Bunyans Cemetery contains 54 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.