BUCQUOY COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION
|Region||Pas de Calais|
|Total identified casualties||66 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Bucquoy is a village in the Pas de Calais approximately 16 kilometres south of Arras. Take the Arras to Bucquoy road (D919). On entering the village, turn left at the first main crossroads. Following the CWGC signpost, drive by the church and then turn left. A second CWGC signpost will be seen on the wall of a house. Continue straight on until you come to the communal cemetery, which backs onto pastureland. The Extension is on the left hand side of the communal cemetery, separated from it by a path, but access is through the communal cemetery.
Wheelchair access to this site with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on telephone number 01628 507200.
The village of Bucquoy was occupied by the 7th Division on 17 March 1917, and was the scene of very heavy fighting in March and April 1918. Bucquoy Communal Cemetery Extension was made by the Royal Naval Division burial officer at the beginning of September 1918. It contains 68 First World War burials, all dating from 23-28 August 1918. The extension was designed by W H Cowlishaw.