BAILLEUL ROAD WEST CEMETERY, ST. LAURENT-BLANGY
|Region||Pas de Calais|
|Total identified casualties||92 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
St. Laurent-Blangy is a village adjoining the north-east side of Arras. Leave St. Laurent-Blangy on the D919 towards Bailleul-sire-Berthoult for approximately 1.5 Kms. Bailleul Road West Cemetery lies on the north (left) side of this road. The entrance will be found by leaving the D919 onto the D60 towards Roclincourt and taking the first small track on the left.
Wheelchair access is possible with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on telephone number 01628 507200.
Part of the commune and the greater part of the village of St. Laurent-Blangy were included in the front taken over by British troops in March, 1916, and the remainder fell into British hands on the first day of the Battles of Arras, the 9th April, 1917. Bailleul Road West Cemetery was made by the 12th Royal Scots in May, 1917. There are now nearly 100, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The date of death was in all cases the 9th April, 1917. The cemetery covers an area of 359 square metres and is enclosed by a low flint wall on a rubble base.