ANNOEULLIN COMMUNAL CEMETERY AND GERMAN EXTENSION
|Total identified casualties||4 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
Annoeullin is a village in the Department of the Nord, approximately 10 kilometres east of La Bassee and 4 kilometres north of Carvin on the D41. The Communal Cemetery is in the south-east part of the village. The three Commonwealth war graves will be found on the extreme right of the Calvaire. The German Extension is adjacent to the Communal Cemetery.
The German Extension on the South-East side of the Communal Cemetery was begun in October, 1915, and enlarged by the French after the Armistice, when 23 British graves were removed to Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, Souchez. It now contains 1,600 German graves. There is now 1, 1914-1918 war grave in this site, that of Capt. Albert Ball, VC. There are also 3, 1939-1945 Commonwealth war casualties commemorated in this site.