LA BRIQUE MILITARY CEMETERY NO.1
|Total identified casualties||87 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
The cemetery is located to the North-East of the town of Ieper. From the station turn left and drive along M.Fochlaan to the roundabout, turn right and go to the next roundabout. Here turn left into M.Haiglaan and drive to the next roundabout. Here turn right into Oude Veurnestraat, this then changes into Diksmuidseweg and Brugseweg drive along this road to the traffic lights, at the lights turn left into Industrielaan then turn first right into Pilkemseweg, the cemetery is approx 300 metres on the right.
Wheelchair access to this cemetery with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on 01628 507200.
La Brique is a small hamlet named from an old brick works that used to stand nearby before to the First World War. LA BRIQUE CEMETERY No.1 was begun in May 1915 and used until the following December. It contains 91 First World War burials, four of them unidentified. Across the road is LA BRIQUE CEMETERY No.2, which was begun in February 1915 and used until March 1918. Further graves were brought into this cemetery from the battlefields after the Armistice to create Plot II and extend the original plot. Both cemeteries were designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.