BELLACOURT MILITARY CEMETERY, RIVIERE
|Region||Pas de Calais|
|Total identified casualties||431 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Bellacourt is a village in the commune of Riviere, in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais, 10 kilometres south-west of Arras. Visitors should take the N25, Arras to Doullens main road, as far as Beaumetz les Loges. Take the D34 to Riviere, fork right onto the D7, still in the direction of Riviere, and then turn left to the cemetery as indicated by the CWGC sign.
The cemetery was begun by French troops in October 1914, and carried on by the 46th (North Midland), 55th (West Lancashire), 58th (London), 49th (West Riding) and other Divisions, and later by the Canadian Corps, from February 1916, to September 1918; and the French plot was increased in 1923 by concentrations from other cemeteries. The 16 American graves of July and August, 1918 (all but one of which belonged to the 320th Regiment) have been removed to another place of burial. There are 432 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-18 war commemorated in this site, 1 being unidentified. There are also 117 French burials here. The Cemetery covers an area of 3,582 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.