Lieutenant Colonel ERNEST ALFRED BROOKE ALSTON
Regiment & Unit/Ship
Date of Death
Died 11 August 1917
Age 40 years old
Buried or commemorated at
RAMSCAPPELLE ROAD MILITARY CEMETERY
II. B. 21.
- Secondary Unit, Regiment Commanding 10th Bn. Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry
- Country of Service United Kingdom
- Awards Three times Mentioned in Despatches
- Additional Info Son of Surgeon Maj. William Evelyn Alston, M.D., J.P., of Eastcliffe House, Sandgate, Kent; husband of Eileen Finnis (formerly Alston), of Shirley Park Hotel, East Croydon.
- Personal Inscription HIS HEART FOR HOME HIS LIFE FOR COUNTRY HIS SOUL TO GOD
Discover world war casualties who lived in your area
Use our postcode search tool to discover more about the war dead from your local area and build a link to your local history.Use our postcode search