|Total identified casualties||308 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Located west of the French village of Forceville in the Somme region, the cemetery extension was one of the first Commission sites to be built after the First World War. There are more than 300 burials of the First World War in this site, three of them in the communal cemetery adjoining the cemetery.
Commonwealth forces took over this section of the front line from the French in 1915 and in early August, land to the south of the communal cemetery was set aside for military graves. Field ambulances were stationed in the village from February to July 1916.
- The cemetery extension was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield
- Botanist Sir Arthur Hill, an Assistant Director at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, was asked by the Commission to make recommendations on planting
- Sir Frederic Kenyon, Director of the British Museum, wrote that the cemetery gives a pleasant effect of an English country churchyard
- The cemetery extension was one of the first three Commission sites to be built after the First World War