Hannescamps New Military Cemetery
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 83 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Identified casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.16632, Longitude: 2.63706
Hannescamps is a village 20 kilometres to the south-west of Arras in the Department of the Pas-de-Calais. Visitors should follow the N25, Arras to Doullens road, as far as Beaumetz les Loges. Take the D7 to Ransart before turning right onto the D3, towards Foncquevillers. Follow the CWGC sign from the centre of Hannescamps along the D8. Turn left at the second CWGC sign into Rue de l'Eglise. The cemetery is next to the church.
Wheelchair access is possible with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
The village of Hannescamps was just behind the Allied front line until June 1916, and again in 1918. Hannescamps New Military Cemetery was begun in March 1916 and used until February 1917, and again in March 1918. Thirty graves were brought into the cemetery from the immediate neighbourhood after the Armistice. The cemetery contains 102 burials and commemorations of the First World War. 19 of the burials are unidentified but there is a special memorial to one casualty known to be buried among them. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.