Aldershot Military Cemetery
- Country United Kingdom
- Total identified casualties 840 Find these casualties
- Region Hampshire
- Casualties from First & Second World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 51.25552, Longitude: -0.74481
The rabbit resistant planting scheme trial on a section of headstone borders which began in March 2012 proved successful and has been rolled out to other parts of the cemetery where necessary.
During both wars, numerous regimental and corps depots were based in and around Aldershot. At the outbreak of The First World War, it was the headquarters of the Aldershot Command and of the 1st and 2nd Divisions, and the Depot of the Royal Army Medical Corps. The North and South Camps, divided by the Basingstoke Canal, remained in full activity throughout the War. During the Second World War, some 400,000 Canadian servicemen were trained there.
Aldershot Military Cemetery is a permanent military cemetery, the property of the Ministry of Defence. The Commission is responsible for the care of graves of both world wars within the cemetery.
There are 692 First World War graves in the cemetery, the earliest bears the date 5th August 1914, and the latest 11th August 1921. Many of these graves are in plot AF. The 129 Second World War graves are in groups in various plots, the largest group in plot A containing 86 graves.