Quarry Cemetery, Marquion
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 69 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Identified casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.20383, Longitude: 3.09531
Marquion is a village on the main Arras to Cambrai road (D939), about 25 kilometres from Arras. From Marquion, follow the D15 road towards Sain les Marquion, but after only 150 metres follow the minor road that leads towards Boulon to the left (Chemin de Bourlon). The cemetery is situated about 150 metres down this road.
Wheelchair access with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
Marquion was captured by the 1st Canadian and 11th Division on 27 September 1918. Quarry Cemetery (called also the Chalk Pit Cemetery) was made by fighting units after the battle and used during the following month. One grave was brought in from Marquion German Cemetery after the Armistice. Quarry Cemetery contains 68 burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.