Brancourt-Le-Grand Military Cemetery
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 42 Find these casualties
- Region Aisne
- Identified casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 49.97371, Longitude: 3.38539
Brancourt-le-Grand is a commune 21 kilometres south-west of Le Cateau and 19 kilometres north of St Quentin; it lies between these two towns. The Military Cemetery is in the south-east corner of the village almost opposite the Communal Cemetery.
Wheelchair access to this cemetery with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our Enquiries Section on telephone number 01628 507200.
Brancourt-le-Grand was captured on the 8th October, 1918, by the 30th American Division and the 301st American Tank Battalion; the 118th Infantry Regiment erected a Memorial in the village.
The Military Cemetery was made behind a German Cemetery of 168 graves (now removed) in October, 1918; three British graves of March, 1918, were brought in from the German Cemetery after the Armistice.
There are over 40, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. One grave that could not be found in the German Cemetery after the Armistice, is represented by a special memorial. One American grave has been removed to another cemetery.
The Cemetery covers an area of 306 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.