Huby-St. Leu British Cemetery
- Country France
- Total identified casualties 53 Find these casualties
- Region Pas de Calais
- Identified casualties from First World War
- GPS Coordinates Latitude: 50.38448, Longitude: 2.04358
Huby-St Leu British Cemetery is 2 kilometres from Hesdin on the north-west side of the road to St Omer (D928).
Wheelchair access with some difficulty. For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact our enquiries department on telephone number 01628 634221.
In 1916 Hesdin became General Headquarters (2nd Echelon); the 47th Casualty Clearing Station was placed near the town in July-November, 1916, and the 59th in April, 1917-August, 1918. The British burials found in this cemetery were carried out mainly by two hospitals, by G.H.Q. Troops, or by units posted in the neighbourhood. The Cemetery was begun in April, 1918 and used until March, 1919. There are now over 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. One grave, which cannot be exactly located, is represented by a special memorial. The cemetery covers an area of 652 square metres.