|Total identified casualties||98 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First & Second World War|
Eston is on the northern boundary of the North Riding near the mouth of the Tees. The town is 240 miles north-west of London and 5 miles south-east of Middlesborough. The cemetery is situated a quarter of a mile north of Normanby on the road to South Bank.
Eston Cemetery, was formed in 1863, and includes the old Church and Churchyard of St. Helen. Until 1935 it belonged to the Eston and Normanby Burial Board and was then taken over by Eston and Normanby Urban District Council. There is a group of 22 Second World War graves in Section P in the centre of the cemetery, one of which is the non-war grave of a Merchant Navy seaman whose death was not due to war service. There are 56 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-18 war and 43, including 1 unidentified R.N. sailor, of the 1939-45 war here. The Cross is erected in front of the West Lodge.