MONTBREHAIN BRITISH CEMETERY
|Total identified casualties||80 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
Montbrehain is a village situated in the north-western sector of the Department of the Aisne, 10 kilometres south-west of Bohain on the D28. Montbrehain British Cemetery is 1 kilometre south of the village on the D283, which connects Montbrehain with Fontaine-Uterte, and the cemetery is signposted at the junction of the D28 and D283.
Montbrehain village was taken on the 3rd October, 1918, by three battalions of the Sherwood Foresters of the 46th Division, but it could not be held at the time; it was finally captured by the 21st and 24th Australian Infantry Battalions two days later. This cemetery contains the graves of 89 casualties of the First World War, nine of which are unidentified. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.