HAIFA INDIAN CEMETERY
|Country||Israel and Palestine (including Gaza)|
|Total identified casualties||46 Find these records|
|Casualties from||First World War|
The cemetery is located next to Haifa War Cemetery. Haifa Indian Cemetery lies 3 kilometres from the central railway station on the Tel-Aviv road. From the south on Highway 4, the cemetery is on the left hand side, just before shops and Haifa docks. 300 metres after the cemetery turn left into Dugit Street. Turn left at the traffic lights and the cemetery will now be on the right hand side, 300 metres after the lights.
The Cemetery is permanently open and may be visited at any time. Wheelchair access to the cemetery is possible via main entrance. For further information and enquiries please contact email@example.com
Haifa was captured by the Mysore and Jodhpur Lancers on 23 September 1918 and the 33rd Combined Clearing Hospital was moved to the town on 15 October. The cemetery continued in use until October 1920. Haifa Indian Cemetery contains the graves of 49 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War.