Lieutenant General Sir FREDERICK STANLEY MAUDE
Regiment & Unit/Ship
Commander-in-Chief, Mesopotamian Expeditionary Force, 1916.
Date of Death
Died 18 November 1917
Age 53 years old
Buried or commemorated at
Maude Tomb, centre of cemetery.
- Secondary Unit, Regiment Late Coldstream Guards
- Country of Service United Kingdom
- Awards Knight Commander of the Bath, Companion of St. Michael and St. George, Distinguished Service Order, 5 times Mentioned in Despatches
- Additional Info Officer of the Order of the Crown of Italy. Son of Sir Frederick F. Maude, V.C., G.C.B., and of Lady Maude (daughter of Sir Cecil Bishopp, Bart.); husband of Lady Maude, of Hampton Court Palace. Educated at Eton and Sandhurst. Served in Soudan 1885; South Africa, 1899-1901; Military Secretary to Governor General of Canada, 1901-1904; Private Secretary to Secretary of State for War, 1905; D.A.A.Q.M.G., Plymouth, 1906-1908; General Staff, 2nd London Division, 1908-1909; Assistant Director, Territorial Force, War Office, 1909-1912; General Staff, 5th Division, 1912-1914; Brig. Gen. Commanding 14th Infantry Brigade, 1914, Maj. Gen. Commanding 13th Division, 1915; Lt. Gen. Commanding Tigris Corps, 1916.
- Personal Inscription "I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE" HE FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT HE KEPT THE FAITH