Dear Event Organiser,
(“you” “your” “your”)
RE: Holding a Commemorative Event (“Event”) at a Commonwealth War Graves Commission’s Cemetery, Plot or Memorial (“Site”).
On behalf of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (“we” “our” “us”), we would like to thank you for your interest in planning an Event at a Site(s).
Due to the nature of our cemeteries, we cannot guarantee exclusive use of our Site for your Event.
Terms and Conditions:
you, the Event organiser, agree to following terms:
- Once you have received written confirmation from us that your Event may proceed, and in consideration of the mutual rights and obligations in this agreement, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, permission to hold your Event at the Site, as detailed in the Event application you have made.
- You are fully responsible for planning the Event, including but not limited to, managing the Event, (including ticketing and marketing) adhering to all matters of health and safety (including but not limited to undertaking and complying with risk assessments), insurance and managing visitor numbers and all and any costs and expenses arising. Many Sites are remote, without facilities and utilities, and in some cases, are difficult to access. It is your responsibility to ensure to make the appropriate arrangements and ensure the Site is fit for purpose. We do not to warrant that the Site will be suitable.
- If your Event involves schools or youth groups, or if there will be children or adults at risk in attendance at your Event, you are responsible for ensuring their safety and safeguarding at all times.
- Whilst we will endeavour to assist you where we can, we are unable to provide equipment or staff for your Event.
- You are responsible for implementing, managing and enforcing Covid safe procedures as per the current Governmental and local (to the Site) Governmental guidelines.
- You are responsible for liaising with local authorities and obtaining any applicable permissions or licenses for the holding the Event, and ensuring you adhere to all local authority requirements (as set out in applicable permissions or licences or otherwise).
- You may film and take photos (“Content”) of the Event, providing that you obtain the appropriate licences and permissions, and permission from any persons appearing in the Content. If the Content is published, you agree to credit us and if possible, name the Site in full. You may not alter or misrepresent the name of the Site in any published Content. You agree to share Content of the Event with us and we may use such Content in marketing, on our website or our social media channels, whether in print or on digital platforms.
- You must not, unless you have prior written permission from us, close, restrict public access or use of a Site.
- You will not place or construct any infrastructure on the Site, without prior written permission from us and only then subject to the conditions that we specify (including that in any event such infrastructure must not be placed within 2 metres of headstones or memorials).
- We reserve the right for CWGC representatives to attend and take part in the Event (including, for example, in the welcoming party for the Event, or to lay a wreath).
- You are responsible for the Site (or the parts of the Site involved in the Event) and shall take good and appropriate care of the Site (to ensure that the good and substantial condition of the Site is maintained and that the Site is left in no worse condition that before the Event). Please immediately notify us of any damage resulting from the Event and do not attempt to rectify any such damage without consulting us first. We may also inspect the Site after the Event and may then contact you in relation to any damage we find (noting that you will be fully responsible to us for our costs and expenses in rectifying any such damage).
- We reserve the right to cancel or change an Event and terminate this agreement with immediate effect and without liability to you. We also reserve the right to require you to immediately stop an Event in progress where, acting reasonably, we believe that you are in breach of this agreement.
- We accept no liability in relation to the Event (we are not responsible for any losses, personal injury, (so far as can be limited by law and excluding where such injury is caused exclusively by our negligence, omission or default), damage to property or other loss, costs or expenses (no matter how arising).
- You will indemnify us against any liability, loss, claim, or proceedings relating to your use of the Site or the Event.
- You may not do anything on Site which may be damaging to us or bring us in to disrepute or cause upset to the families of the casualties we commemorate.
- This agreement may not be amended unless agreed in writing by us.
- For large /high profile events, in addition to this, we may require additional terms to this agreement. Where this is deemed necessary, we will contact you and provide further information.
- This is agreement is governed and construed by the laws of England and Wales and we and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.