Text to Donate Terms and Conditions
The Commonwealth War Graves Foundation are delighted to launch our new text donation service. Below are the full terms and conditions for making a donation.
All you have to do to donate £3 is text either SEEDS or FLOWERS (details can be found on your “Plant Wildflowers in Remembrance” seed packet) by SMS and send it to 70450. By texting you are agreeing to donate £3.00 and to receive future information about the Commonwealth War Graves Foundation and the work that we do.
If you would like to donate £3 but do not wish to receive further communications from us and the work that we do, please still donate to us, but use the word SEEDSNOINFO or FLOWERSNOINFO to 70450.
In either case, your donation will be added to your phone bill or deducted from your pay as you go credit.
Cost of donating and what CWGF receives
- 95% of your donation will go to Commonwealth War Graves Foundation UK (CWGF) a (registered charity in England and Wales (Charity Number 1171947) (“we” “us” “our”). 5% of your donation value (not including the Gift Aid amount) will be retained to cover administration costs by Donr the operator of this service. If you donate to us by credit or debit card using the SMS link, Donr will charge 6.4% of your donation plus £0.20p per donation and we will receive the net amount.
- Text messages cost the £3.00, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). This service can only be used from a UK mobile and does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad, you may incur additional network charges. This service can only be used during 18 January 2021 and 31 October 2021. Donations can be made online all year round at www.cwgc.org
- You can also order your seeds (free of charge) and make a donation by following this link: www.cwgc.org/wargravesweek If you donate via our website using the Paypal button, we will receive your donation in full, less 1.4%, less a fixed fee of £0.20p which is retained by Paypal for administration costs.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, and have text SEEDS or FLOWERS (agreeing to further communications) we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. To help us claim this, you will be sent a follow up text to ask if you want to Gift Aid your donation. For CWGF to claim Gift Aid, you must pay UK income or capital gains tax in the current tax year (this does not include VAT or council tax) at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your charitable donations and understand that, if you pay less income tax or capital gains tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your charity donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Find out more about Gift Aid. If you click the link in the text message you will be taken to a site to complete the Gift Aid declaration.
Who can donate and how often?
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 18 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission as well as the billpayer’s permission to send a text donation to us.
- You can send a text donation between 12.00 noon on the campaign start date and 23.59 on the campaign closing date stated. Please ensure you spell the keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct number (see clause 8 and 9 below).
- There is no limit on the number of times you may donate via text but there is a monthly limit of £240 on text donations to the short code from the same mobile number. Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (you may however incur your standard network message charge). If you wish to contribute more to CWGF, you can donate online via cwgc.org
Incorrect SMS or short code
- If you enter the short code incorrectly, your donation to CWGF may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive either (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation but you may still be charged your standard network message charge; or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the donation value plus your standard network message charge.
- If you send the text message to an incorrect short code, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you may not donate to CWGF, but you may still be charged.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CWGC’s privacy notice which can be found Here[insert hyperlink]
- The CWGF and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
- The text donation service is provided Donr. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Donr at the following email address: email@example.com or write Donr on The Stables, St George’s Terrace, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 2SU or call on the following Helpline Number: 0333 44 44 111 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30).
- CWGF reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. We will post our updated terms and conditions on this website so please check regularly for any revisions. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.